Where there is great love there are always miracles - Willa Cather
Today is a very special post. Why? Because yesterday I was given the special opportunity to talk to my Godmother, Elaine.
I lost contact with her when I was very young due to my family. She is really my cousin but I don't ever remember her as such. I remember her as this wonderful and beautiful presence in my life. I remember her always as a calm and loving person and always wished she was my real mother.
And you know what? She is. She is my Godmother. I don't know how she was chosen for this task but I know that it is as God intended it to be. I am so thankful she is a reality in my life now I can't stop thinking about her. I'm dreaming up and devising ways of seeing her! I just know that I feel so very loved by her. I always have even when she was absent in my life. I have my baptismal cross still to this day and many of you have seen it because I have worn it so much. Through that cross I know that Elaine has always been present with me.
"Each life experience leaves a layer of memory like a deposit of sediment: things weve loved and moments of contentment we've cherished that when recalled, reveal glimmmers of our true selves." Sarah Ban Breathnach
No comments:
Post a Comment