Friday, January 24, 2003

Difficult times have helped me to understand better than before how infinitely rich and beautiful life is in every way and that so many things that one goes worrying about are of no importance whatsoever. - Isak Dinesen

It's very cold here. I just got off the phone with my sister, Cindy. She's going through a difficult time and neither one of us can really understand what the lesson is and why she continues to have these struggles.
Do you ever feel like no matter which way you turn everything and everyone is against you? I've been there. Sinking under the surface, trying to tread water to just keep your head up. Maybe not as bad as others have had it but I too have had many lessons. Some I've learned from and some I'm still having to get beat into my head.
All I know is that there is a beautiful life going on around me and we deserve a big chunk of it. The time will come for all of us , my time, so will Cindy's, and so will yours.

Sarah Ban Breathnach says you can't stop waiting for life to become perfect. You have to work with what you have right now to make it as satisfying as you can. Accept where you are, bless it, give thanks to God and get going. Procrastination has robbed us of too many precious opportunities. Today we can move from lack to abundance. Even in this cold, dreary season we can have abundance. But we have to seek it first.


The first steps in the journey are always the most difficult to take.

"Life begets life. Energy creates energy. It is by spending oneself that we become rich" - Sarah Bernhardt

No comments:

Post a Comment