I was reading this the other day and it struck me as something wonderful to add here. It is from the book "Romancing The Ordinary" by Sarah Ban Breathnach. She was basically admonishing the whole "New Year Resolution" thing because we set ourselves up for failure usually before the month of January even ends! Anyway, here's the thought. Enjoy. Buy the book, you won't regret it.
Pretend you've never been given the gift of a new year before. Dame Good Fortune has swept in with her arms full of presents just for you. In a little book that I cherish, Ceremonials of Common Days, written by Abbie Graham in 1928, she describes her annual visit this way:
"I open the door. The gorgeous guest from afar sweeps in . In her hands are her gifts-the gift of hours and farseeing moments, the gift of morning and evenings, the gift of spring and summer, the gift of autumn and winter. She must have searched the heavens for boons so rare."
No comments:
Post a Comment